10 February 2008

What I've Been Up To Lately





My husband, Doug, and I have been remodeling our home. A week ago I thought I'd save him some work and change the burned out light bulb in our second floor hallway. High ceilings, an uncooperative chair, and a lack of coordination on my part resulted in a broken ankle. Ouch! I've spent a lot of time on the sofa with my laptop, reading current events, playing games, and getting more familiar with all the tools offered by Google these days. I've been having a great time, except for the pain in my leg, ankle and foot. Last night I wandered in here.

For some time now, I've been discouraged about our national condition. I listened to the sitting President as he gave us his version of the State of the Union. I didn't vote for the guy to begin with, and I've agreed with very little of what he's said and done since he got into office. I'm now to the point of just waiting him out. The one truly positive thing about this upcoming presidential election, in my opinion, is that "he" can't run again! I'm SO grateful for that fact.

My parents raised me to believe that honesty is one of the most essential values one must have. I have a real problem with dishonest people. That is exactly where all my problems with the current occupant of the White House began! I HATE being lied to, and he's done so much of it throughout the past seven years that I don't know how anyone can stand to even listen to him anymore! I just want him to have a safe trip back to the ranch...SOON!

So, I've been paying a great deal of attention to politics lately. That's probably what this blog is going to focus on for at least a while. I've been talking to people online and reading what others have to say. I've been listening to the candidates during the debates and interviews. I've been keeping an eye on the "side shows" too, and have learned a lot about the character of the candidates from the way they participate in the "game". It's totally fancinating and informative, and, sometimes, entertaining.

Let's see where this blog goes, if anywhere at all. I'm not getting too far from the sofa in the very near future, obviously. Please feel free to participate by commenting, stopping by for a chat or an email, or contributing. This is a time when everyone of us should be involved in some way or another with what's' happening in and to our nation.

Thanks for letting me share.
Always,
Verna





No comments: